Red C delivers for Build Center… in a Mini
When Build Center (one of our clients at Wolseley) called us with an urgent brief to spread the word about their £3 loft insulation plus free delivery promotion, we knew we had a real challenge on our hands. Not only did we have just over a week to develop the campaign and roll it out… they wanted us to deliver something a little out of the ordinary to maximise the impact. Cue one Mini, one woman, 17 rolls of loft insulation, a 56-link chainsaw and a 2 minute viral advert.
Wednesday 1st December
• Took brief from client and Red C go into action
• Put brief out to email data providers to supplement customer email data with external data in order to boost volume
• After a brainstorm (or thought shower) at Red C decided we needed a 3rd party offer to boost the main offer so close to Christmas. Put the brief out to source a 3rd party offer
Thursday 2nd December
• Narrowed down to 2 data sources to recommend to the client and chose 3rd party offer (wine of course!)
• Raised quote to client to sign-off
Friday 3rd December
AM – Angela arrives at the agency with a huge roll of loft insulation to inspire the creatives when giving the brief
PM – got a great viral video idea and 2 possible concepts
PM – client approved viral idea and one concept – funnily enough inspired by Angela’s experience!
Our Creative Director, Julian Gratton, persuades top TV Director, Chris Gaffey, to give his services at a reduced rate to film the video. Top production studio, the Mob, agree to assist too.
Monday 6th December
• Organising the video shoot – pre-production meeting, location recce, model casting, sourcing props, persuading one of our Account Director’s to lend us her Mini
• Details of the offer and data are finalised
• Work starts on email and the landing page creative
Tuesday 7th December
• Video shoot – the fun bit!
• Purchased URL – www.whyfreedeliveryisgood.co.uk
• Creative approved by client
Wednesday 8th December
• Email and landing page build commences
• Video post-production and editing
• Response/traffic estimates to client
Thursday 9th December
• Final testing
• Final video cut with music sourced and applied
Friday 10th December
Go live – we have done it!
Julian spends Friday and the weekend seeding the video.
“It’s been a hoot but I am going home to get some sleep now!”
Chris Gaffey – TV Ad Director
I think that’s how we all felt.